Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20, 2010 The Mac & Cheese

Well I had somebody that request to know about some info about the famous MAC & CHEESE. I decided to concentrait on the pasta.The one major problem we have when we make mac & cheese is over cooking our macaroni noodles. When cooking pasta we should cook it to"al dente." Also when cooking your pasta make sure you start off with a LARGE pot with plenty of water and that the water is cold. When you have a large pot of water this prevents the pasta from sticking together. Another thing is to make sure you DO NOT put oil in the water; if you put oil in the water it coat the pasta preventing the pasta from sticking. I hope these few tips help you in the process of making your mac & cheese. We will take the time out to do a blog on pasta. Again this has been Chef LADY "B".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info because I have always used oil and hot water. I found out this Thanksgiving that sour cream helps it from being so dry.....but the what makes it so tasty is the cheeses. I like have to have 3 to 4 different one. It enhances the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ChefladyB,
    Thanks for the turkey tips. My Thanksgiving turkey was delicious. Now I need a recipe for some great candied yams!

    ReplyDelete